Nisos Yacht Charter is based in the heart of the Ionian Islands on the island of Lefkas (also known as Lefkada). The Ionian is made up of the following islands:
- Anti Paxos
Why is the Ionian the perfect location for a sailing holiday?
The Ionian Islands are considered to be one of the best cruising grounds in the world. Why?
- flat waters
- no meltemi winds; sea breezes and localised katabatic winds
- islands are close to each other so days at sea can be as long or short as you wish
- numerous anchorages in beautiful safe bays
- very few mooring fees
- deep water
- very little commercial marine traffic
- no tides or currents
- stunning scenery and villages
- the most friendly people on earth!
Itinerary Planning in the Ionian Islands
In a one week holiday you can easily explore either the North Ionian or the South Ionian. In a two weeks holiday why not explore both of these wonderful areas?
Example itineraries are located here: Ionian Itineraries
If you have never been to the area before we will give you a very thorough area briefing before you board your yacht and can do as much planning with you before you depart for Greece as you wish.
All the charts and pilot books you need are on board, but we can also supply these to you prior to your holiday to help with your planning.
See here for Ionian Charts and Pilot Books for sale.